Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2012 09:21:41 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        Natacha =?iso-8859-1?q?Port=E9?= <natbsd@instinctive.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I help with thinkpad x220 issues?

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. As usual, I have had to travel and did not get a =
chance to connect to the Internet.

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 05:08:57 PM Natacha Port=E9 wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> on Wednesday 27 June 2012 at 07:38, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > I have also an X220. My experience differs a bit.
>=20
> Would you have any idea about why you see a better behavior?
>=20
> I'm using a 9-STABLE with only "LEN0086" addition and Intel_GPU patches
> form CURRENT. Could it be caused by new developments in CURRENT? Or have
> you modified or configured something?
>=20
let me tell you my experience. I have had a horrible experience with 9. I m=
ean, horrible compared to what I normally experience with FreeBSD. I simply=
 did not get it working at all. As I needed the machine, I installed Fedora=
 16. At least it worked. I was most happy when I could install FreeBSD 10 a=
nd it worked after I did not need that machine that urgent for work anymore.

> Would you have any idea on what can be done to further diagnose such
> differences in behavior?
>=20
>=20
> For the reference, in case it might help, here are some relevant sysctl:
> $ sysctl hw.acpi

Let me compare;

> hw.acpi.battery.life: -1

How did you get this value? No battery inserted? The range should be from 0=
 to 100.

> hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
> hw.acpi.battery.state: 7

I have 0 here.

> hw.acpi.acline: 1

Mine runs currently also on AC.

> $ sysctl dev.acpi_ibm

I do not have anything with IBM or Lenovo.

I also did not load anything specific for the X220 except of the Intel KMS =
module.

Erich