Date:      19 Dec 1999 17:18:20 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Switching to DES (/usr/lib/libcrypt_p.a link)

I've created links in /usr/lib as follows:
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  22 Dec 19 16:24 libcrypt.a@ -> /usr/lib/libdescrypt.a
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  23 Dec 19 16:24 libcrypt.so@ -> /usr/lib/libdescrypt.so
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  25 Dec 19 16:25 libcrypt.so.2@ -> /usr/lib/libdescrypt.so.2

In the security chapter of the handbook I see that there should also
be a link libcrypt_p.a. I have not had it before I installed DES, and
there is no file libdescrypt_p.a installed in /usr/lib.

What is that file, and how do I install it?

Thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who