Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 12:13:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "JULIAN Elischer" <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        ching@tekram.com.tw, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to make "Installation Boot Floppy" ?

> As ching@tekram.com.tw wrote:
>
> > SYMBIOS 53c825A, 53c875). It is late for our driver to build in
> > RELEASE-2.1.0. So, we have to make custom "Installation Boot Floppy"
> > for our user. I had trying to make it by using the Makefile at
> > /usr/src/release, but met some error. Is anyone can help me ?
>
> Which error?
>
> Something like
>
> 	make release CHROOTDIR=/usr/release RELEASETAG=RELENG_2_1_0 \
> 		BUILDNAME=2.1-RELEASE
>
> is supposed to work.  However, right as it stands now, you are
> required to have a full CVS tree in order to get it going.
>
> Julian Elischer started to support the creation of seperate install-
> ation floppies without the need to do a full release first, but i have
> no idea about the status of this project.

I checked in the working code to /usr/src/etc/floppies about a month or so ago..
it should work for 2.1 as well, if 'grafted' into a 2.1 tree.

not a soul has commented on it since I checked it in, and I think that even jkh and others have not tried it.. I think it's a great improvement
though. You need to have done a "make world" before,
so that all the .o files can exist
ready for hte crunch program to use them..

julian