Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 17:22:43 +0100
From:      Werner Koch <wk@isil.d.shuttle.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GRUB and rootdev

Hi,

While trying to port a program to FreeBSD (I'm a Linux and Hurd user),
I installed FreeBSD on a free partiton (Snapshot from 2.2.97).

I use GRUB as boot loader and have the problem, that GRUB does not know
of the the FreeBSD filesystem (It's new I guess).  I installed the kernel
on a Linux disk and I'm able to boot this kernel .. the problem is
(of course) that it can't mount it's root device.  So how can I set
the rootdevice into the kernel image or which argument I can give to
kernel?

[I'm not subscribed to this ML (don't even know if it is one); please
 cc direct]

tia
    Werner

--