Date:      22 Feb 1999 19:02:50 +0100
From:      Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE
To:        Alfred.Wick@ascom.ch
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD

Alfred.Wick@ascom.ch writes:

  > Can Win98 also running under your bootsystem FreeBSD?  I wait for
  > your e-mail. Thank you for your working!

FreeBSD is not a `bootsystem'.  It is a complete operating system,
just like Windows NT or Windows 95 or OS/2 or MacOS or AS/400 or
MVS/ESA or ... you get the idea.

FreeBSD is a version of Unix (just like Ultrix, Solaris, Irix and so
on).

FreeBSD can be installed alongside another OS on the same machine, and
you can decide at boot time which OS to boot.

kai
--
I like _b_o_t_h kinds of music.