Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:21:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Foreign characters (Mainly Norsk) on a U.S. Keyboard...

Bear with me, as character sets, etc. are pretty new to me...

I do a lot of communication with individuals overseas, esp. in Norway, and
one thing that has bugged me to no end since switching my home box
platform from Windows to FreeBSD was the inability to type "extended
characters", like the "a ring", "o slash", "ae", etc.  In the case of the
"a ring", I was able to replicate that in Windows using the old DOS
ALT-codes.

I searched the FreeBSD-questions, and Pine-info archives to get some
insight in how I could do this ("keyboard mapping", etc.), but to no
avail.  Does anyone have any info, or know of a web page, of how to achive
this on a US-101 keyboard?

Thanks!

---
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request