Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:05:44 -0400
From:      Sylvain Hubert <hubert@joule.physics.uottawa.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hubert@joule.physics.uottawa.ca
Subject:   hardware compatibility

Hi!
	I am presently a grad student at the university of Ottawa (Canada) in
physics. We are planning to setup an array of Pentium-pro for parallel
programming running FreeBSD. I have a simple question regarding hardware
compability. Here is the components that were suggested by the
retailler:

-ASUS P6NP5 pentium/pro motherboard with intel PP 200Mhz, 256K cache
-64 MB EDO RAM
-2.1 GB Panasonic SCSI HD
-2 MB PCI S-3-3D Virge Graphic video card
-17 " Daytek digital video
-mitsumi mouse
-12x SCSI toshiba cd-rom (ext)
-Adaptec ISA SCSI-II card
-OvisLink PCI Combo lan coard

Can you tell me if this hardware would have any problem running under
FreeBSD or/and make any suggestion.

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards,

Sylvain Hubert