Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 07:21:37 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Build of 3.1-STABLE failing?

Mike Meyer wrote:

> Actually, I'm aware of all that. The goal is (was?) to upgrade the
> utilities. Watching the stable list for hints as to when the kernel
> needed to be updated as well - and doing that at that time.
>
> >From the above, it looks like I shouldn't be tracking -STABLE, but
> should be running -RELEASE.

Running stable is preferable than release. But the targets are
buildworld and installworld.

> Just one question - what are "make" and "make install" for, then?

For those who know what they are doing.

For instance, they can be very handy for developers who know what
their modifications are doing or not to the source tree.

At the very least, you should have tried "world" before asking the
question.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com