Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 10:57:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internal clock

> > We *have* a well designed and thought out device interface: devfs.
> >
> > I have *no* idea what is preventing you from making it the default
> > mechanism.
>
> We still miss Terry's bugfixes for it.

You aren't missing them, you're just not integrating them for fear
of Lite2 (a fear now put to rest) and fear of their scope.

> If you had ever used it (with options DEVFS_ROOT, it's already there),
> you knew what the bugs are.  Terry, the first 90 % of the work are
> done with it, that's right.  We are now in the phase that takes the
> second 90 % of the development time...

I've used it.  For what it's worth, prior to the Lite2 merge in 3.0,
my system didn't crash when I unmounted things.  I've tried to make
your system the same as mine, but you won't let me.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---