Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 05:59:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        noslenj@swbell.net
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, cjclark@home.com, ragnar@sysabend.org, mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was: Re: On "intelligent people" and "dangers to BSD"]

> Most of the tactical weapons are useless in a guerrilla action, which
> is why there will always be men in the mud.

	a number of times the su army was successful in retaingin
contact with the vc, at those times larger weapons could be added to
the fray with devastating results for the vc.  guerillas have to hig
and get out before heave firepower can be trained on them.

> With greater odds, Victor Charlie cleaned our collective clock.
> Logical assumptions get you killed in a fight, no matter which side
> you're on.

	Victor Charlie was willing to die until the US got tired.  as
long as they were willing to die, they could continue to fight.  the
US Army's role in vietnam was ambiguous....nation building, providing
a shield while arvn was strenghtened....

	take a look at "war in the shadows".

jmb