Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:22:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation reboots system before asking about config

I've tried several snapshots (3.1-19990404, 3.1-19990408, 4.0-19990408)
and even a few releases (3.1, 2.2.8) and I have the same problem
with one machine.  Maybe someone's heard of it.

The machine is has a Cyrix 5x86 running at 100 mHz on board.  It
has a Gravis UltraSound, a NetLan NE2000-compatible, a generic
IO/FDD/IDE VLB board, and a Diamond SpeedStar (CL5426, I believe.)
It has 64MB of RAM (2 32MB FP SIMMs).  Most of that hardware has
been in other machines I own that have run FreeBSD at one point or
another, except the Cyrix processor and the motherboard.

The problem is, after the MFS root floppy loads (or in the case of
2.2.8-RELEASE, after the boot floppy loads), just before the question
about configuration, the machine spontaneously reboots.

Any ideas?

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Owner/Administrator, zigg.com
Chief Engineer, Nameless IRC Network