Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 02:10:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@super.zippo.com>
Subject:   Re: How to find out when www pages are updated.

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> What is the best way to keep track when the Handbook and FAQ pages
> are updated?
> Does CVSup has a log so if I do a weekly download I can see what
> changed?

I don't know if there's a log, but if I want to know what's changed,
I create a file in the download directory with "touch timestamp" just
before I run cvsup.  The date/time on the new files will be the time
when they're downloaded, in this case to /usr/doc.  Then the command
in /usr/doc that will provide a list of the files that have changed
in newfiles (done in the background) would be

find . -newer timestamp > newfiles&

Annelise