Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:29:31 -0400
From:      Jay <jisinc@mgfairfax.rr.com>
To:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Two versions on the same system (2.2.7 & 3.1)

I have a Pentium 266Mhz machine, with Win98 and Freebsd 2.2.7 on the
first hard drive. I want to install 3.1 on the second.
Can this be done?
Actually I haved attempted, but am having problems getting the 3.1 to
boot.

This is how I did the install of the second bsd:

1. Partitioned 2.3 Gig for dos using fdisk for dos.
2. Formatted the the partitioned area.
3. Put files on it (to make sure everything was ok).
4. Created  the kernel and mfsroot disks.
5. Did the installation, from the mfsroot disk.

Now I am unable to boot the 2nd bsd drive.
My slices look like the following:

wd1s2          /       200Meg
wd1s2a         swap 128 Meg
wd1s4f        /var    112 Meg