Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:44:41 -0500
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@targetnet.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB-to-SCSI converter

I have a Microtech USB to SCSI converter (see
http://www.microtechint.com/qs-usbscsi.html for details).

Under Windows (having installed the driver that comes with), everything
works without issue.  Under BSD, I get this on boot:

umass0: Microtech International, Inc. USB-SCSI-HD50, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 3
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)

Are there any known workarounds for this problem ? In my particular
application I won't be using multi-lun devices, but I don't think that
making a "maxlun=0" assumption is a good thing to do.

Are there any known workarounds for this problem ?

Thanks.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                           james@targetnet.com
Targetnet.com Inc.                              Voice/Fax +1 416 306-0466/0452