Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 07:22:35 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Neo' <sephroth@get2net.dk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: server

I think you should probably brush up on pc's a bit more.

ISA, EISA, VESA, and PCI are all different types of expansion buses on the
PC.  You're computer needs to contain at least one of these to be able to
use FreeBSD.  And, for the most part, unless you are running a MAC you
should have one.  Try looking up those terms on www.pcwebopedia.com, it's a
pretty useful site.

As for "does FreeBSD work with Windows NT?".  That depends on what  you mean
by that question.

"Will FreeBSD run under Windows NT" - No.
"Will FreeBSD co-exist on systems with FreeBSD" - Yes.
"Can FreeBSD read NTFS partitions." - Yes.

Hope this answers some of your basic questions.

-Chris

P.S. CC: all replies to the FreeBSD questions mailing list.
P.P.S.  Please send plain text e-mails to this list.  Not HTML e-mails.