Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 1997 01:39:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Satoshi Asami <asami>
To:        pm@dee.uc.pt, asami, freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/2849

Synopsis: correction to New math/cad port (SCILAB)

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: asami
State-Changed-When: Mon Mar 3 01:31:42 PST 1997
State-Changed-Why:
I've taken a look, there are a few problems I'd like you to fix.

(1) As you said in PR 2847, this port installs most of the stuff under
    /usr/X11R6/scilab.  First, this should go to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11
    (or at least /usr/X11R6/lib), as this seems like the standard.
    Also, this organization is fine for separating internally-called
    executables, but things like manpages should go to the standard
    places or users will never find out about this program. :)

(2) Please don't install catpages, the user will run catman if he
    wishes to generate them.

(3) Please compress manpages via the MAN? variables (see handbook).

(4) I noticed that this port installs a binary and app-default file
    for a program called "xless", is this the same as the xless port?