Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:24:02 -0700
From:      Soren Harward <soren@byu.edu>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Technical info update: Alphaserver 2100

The following page lists technical information for FreeBSD support for
the Alphaserver 2100 series:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/hardware-alpha.html#AEN1005

The page states the following about supported memory configurations:

<quote>
SIMM boards are used in sets of eight 72-pin 36 bit FPM memory of 70ns
or faster. SIMM types supported are 1Mb x36 bit (4 Mbyte) and 4Mb x36
bit (16 Mbyte).
</quote>

I own an Alphaserver 2100, and one of the memory boards is full of
2Mb x36 bit (8 Mbyte) SIMMs.  I don't know about any other sizes (the
rest of my boards have the memory soldered on) but you can at least add
that to the site.

--
Soren Harward
soren@byu.edu