Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:07:34 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick status update on Squid 3.x ports

Hi Thomas,

Thomas-Martin Seck wrote on 27.09.2012 09:22:
> Hi,
>
> this is just a short update on the status of Squid 3 ports. As you may
> have noticed I am a bit behind with regards to Squid 3.2. Sorry for that
> -- I could not spend much time for ports development in the last few
> months. To add insult to injury I will be offline for the next couple of
> days but I plan to have the 3.2 port ready in the week starting Oct 7
> nonetheless.
>
> I just submitted an update request for 3.1 to 3.1.21 for the time being.
>
> On a side note: in the past, the default Squid port was named
> www/squid and the older or development Squid versions had versioned port
> directory names. Should we move www/squid to www/squid27 instead and
> make all Squid dependend ports that currently depend on www/squid use
> www/squid27 instead?
>
> Best regards

First thank you for working on this. According to squid web-page, 3.2 is
the only stable version ("Current versions suitable for production
use."), that is actively maintained. 3.1 and less are listed in "Old
versions - Provided for archival purposes only. Not intended for general
use in new installations". Is there still 2.7 users?! As for me, 3.2
should go to www/squid and some kind of exp-run should be done to make
sure the ports depending on it builds fine.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.