Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 08:19:55 -0500
From:      "Rodney C. Forbes" <urcf@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI woes.

Is it possible to boot off a SCSI hard drive when an IDE is also in the system?

I just installed a 730MB SCSI hard drive that I would like to dedicate to
FreeBSD.  I currently have a 540MB IDE that is being shared by DOS and FreeBSD.
I would like the IDE drive to end up dedicated to DOS/WINDOWS.  I would like to
find a boot manager that would let me boot DOS off the IDE and FreeBSD off the
SCSI.  I tried OS-BS and the one the comes with FreeBSD, and if they do support
this, I must have missed something in the installation.  If you can help, I
would appreciate it.

--
_   /|
\'o.O'  urcf@fang.sunyit.edu (Rodney C. Forbes)