Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 1995 19:52:22 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: backspace now broken (proposal)

This is getting _really_ silly now. The conclusion has pretty much been
reached that the <Backspace> key should send 0x08 and the <del> key should
send 0x7f. Why not just make that the default everywhere. Having system
config files to correct your term to the compiled-in default is just plain
_stupid_, particularly if the term is a part of the system like a console
or an xterm.

Sure, if you don't like the standard, you can reconfigure, but then it
is up to you to do _both_ the keyboard _and_ the stty.

Having a standard half set looks sloppy too.

--
Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa