Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 14:55:20 -0500
From:      User Al Johnson <Al.Johnson@AJC.State.Net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-PNP and sound cards

Hello All,

I'm looking for a bit of assistance again.
I'm trying to get sound going under FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE.

The problem I have is that both sound cards I have are
PnP.  One is an Ensoniq SoundscapeVIVO and the other
is a Sound Blaster AWE64 PnP.  I've installed the
FreeBSD-PnP kernal stuff, a couple times since cvsup
elected to remove it for me.

The SoundScape Vivo will emulate a SB card, which model
I'm not sure but it is a full duplex card.  Part of the
trouble I'm having is figuring out what info from pnpinfo
I need to plug into pnp.c and my /sys/i386/conf/hostname.

pnpinfo dumps out 4 printed pages of data, the addresses
I think I've got (330, 530 and 2100) but the irq and drq
are listed all over the place.

Anyone will to offer their assitance to this soundless person.
I felt pretty good about getting my STB TV/PCI going but now
I'd like to hear it too.

Thanks,

 -- Al