Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:20:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Stevens <katmandu@volcanomail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   mod_jk

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get mod_jk working under
FreeBSD?  I've been able to get it to compile under FreeBSD 4.6, 4.7
and 5.0 with Apache 1.3.26.  It also compiles under FreeBSD 5.0 with
Apache 2.0.43.  However, it will not actually run under any of these
combinations.

I've downloaded the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.2-src tarball and
gone to the ./jk/native directory.  I then did a ./configure
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs followed by a gmake.  Tomcat is
not on this server, so I need to build it in this fashion.

The problem in each of these combinations seems to have the same root
cause: mod_jk can't find the workers.properties file.  The following
is the error message I get from BSD 4.7 and Apache 1.3.26:

[error] Error while opening the workers, jk will not work
[error] (2)No such file or directory: Error while opening the workers,
jk will not work

The workers file does indeed exist, despite the message to the contrary.   Changing the JkWorkersFile directive to a non-existent file results in a different error message.  The real problem seems to be where map_read_properties is called in mod_jk.c.  The pointer to the worker file here seems to be NULL.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated (and possibly save me a Linux install).

--
Mike