Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:13:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?m=20p?= <sumirati@yahoo.de>
To:        kzaraska@student.uci.agh.edu.pl, ryan@sasknow.com, slack@suntop-cn.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how can I find general security infomation ?

> > You'll also want to use on-line security web sites (too many to list.
> > bugtraq, CERN, securityfocus, etc... try some web searches for UNIX
> Guess you meant CERT not CERN... Although CERN has a lot to do with
> computers their primary interest is particle physics and not computer
> security.

Wrong. I'm sure he meant CERN. The CERN has a very good CERT. :) So the CERN is
mentioned as resource like bugtraq.

(And because of the many people having access to their computers they have
huge, really huge knowlegde about computers and securing them. And a physican
at the CERN invented HTML ... for use as a physican. (When I remember
correctly.))

Please take a look at:
http://wwwinfo.cern.ch/dis/security/index.html#TOC1
http://wwwinfo.cern.ch/dis/security/general/tools/docs.html
http://wwwinfo.cern.ch/dis/security/general/web.html

> I'd also add packetstormsecurity.org to the list since they have a big
> collection of whitepapers regarding all areas of security.

That's for sure.

> My PLN 0.02

My DEM 0.02 :)

Marc