Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 18:16:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se, freebsd@enteract.com, questions@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptic 1522 DAT Phase Errors

> Note that in addition to Julian's work this is due to the
> quality of Adaptec's sequencer code.  Not to cast aspersions on our
> sequencer hackers, but "Damn you Adaptec!" for forcing us to write
> sequencer code.  They don't deserve the hard work that Justin has done
> enabling them to sell a batch of cards into the FreeBSD (and Linux) market.

Not only that, the code has features that the Adaptec code does not.

Not to say that the Adaptec code doesn't also have features the code
in Justin's driver doesn't (RAID for the 3980?).

It's advantageous to combine the code, if possible, but it's currently
not possible, thanks to the silly policy.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.