Date:      7 Aug 2000 13:37:21 -0700
From:      cwaiken@cwaiken.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   StarOffice 5.2 Help, Please

Well I've been following the threads on installing
StarOffice 5.2 and I still can not get it to run.
Here are the steps that I have done.

1) Downloaded SO 5.2 file= so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin
2) export TMP=/var/tmp
3) export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/tmp/sv001.tmp

Then as root I executed ./so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin
and installed in /usr/local/office52.  All went well
except near the end I got a 53 or so warnings that
lib_this.so, lib_that.so, and lib_something_else.so
could not be registered (what ever that means).

Then I cd'd to /usr/local/office52 and ran the
"./setup /net" script.  No good.  I got the errors:
./setup: /usr/bin/test: not found
./setup: ./sopatchlevel.sh: not found
exec: /usr/local/office52/setup.bin: not found

So I did a cd to /usr/local/office52/program and
ran that "./setup /net".  Still no good.
This time I got the errors:
./setup: /usr/bin/test: not found
/usr/local/office52/program/setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries:
libvos1GCC.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The "libvos1GCC.so" file was in this directory so I added
"/usr/local/office52/program" to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and tried
again.  This time I got the error that the "script file
/usr/local/office52/program/setup.ins" could not be found.
A system scan show that this file indeed is not here. I saw
a "soffice" exec. file so I tried to run it.  It also gave
the error about needing the "setup.ins" file.

Can some one out there help???

Thanks...cwa

---
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa