Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:24:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Dungan <mpd@dns2.ccwebhost.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   resolving problems.

Hello,

I am setting up a majordomo server, using FreeBSD 3.0-R, and while I am
able to connect to the internet, I am not able to resolve hostnames in
most cases. nslookup and dnsquery work fine, but other programs like ping
or traceroute will fail the host lookup. My /etc/resolv.conf is a copy of
a known good file, so I don't see that as the problem. This is a clean
3.0-R install.

Thanks,
Mike