Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 10:47:49 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hans@artcom.de (Hans Huebner)
Cc:        julian@ivision.co.uk, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 12.0 GB Quantum Bigfoot TX IDE seen as 8.4 GB

> I'm beginning to get sick of this.  I did port the the LBA code from
> -current to -stable, it works for me since weeks, and it works for
> several other people.  I see no reason to not put that into -stable,
> and I'd really like to see that.  2.2.6-RELEASE is what people new

Good, then you did exactly what was necessary to see this happen by
submitting a PR.  Until I saw your PR fly by today, I had no idea that
anyone was even _working_ on this for -stable and couldn't very well
recommend it to anyone for testing if I didn't know of its existence.
Now that it's in the PR DB and I can point people at the exact
PR# (6686), hopefully we'll get some other -stable folk to test it
and I can then bring it into -stable in plenty of time for 2.2.7.

- Jordan