Date:      Mon, 19 May 2003 11:07:06 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DocBook book

--eWbcAUUbgrfSEG1c

On Sunday, 18 May 2003 at 17:00:39 +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 09:52:26AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>> Is there a good docbook book that people can recommend?
>
> Although there are others, O'Reilly's DocBook: The Definitive Guide
> is probably the best, and it's free too (www.docbook.org or the
> textproc/docbook-tdg port).

I have it, and I can't recommend it.  Despite the name, it's a
reference, not a guide.  For an example of the kind of book I'm
looking for, see http://www.alltel.net/~kollar/utp/.  That's about
troff, not DocBook, but it's a well written book.  I don't think
anything similar is available for DocBook.

Greg

--eWbcAUUbgrfSEG1c

--eWbcAUUbgrfSEG1c--