Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:48:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Joerg Micheel <joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz
Subject:   Re: Trouble with quotas on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE

:I am running a system with a 50GB /home drive. One user is experiencing
:inconsistencies, for him the system reports being over disk quota.
:du -sk reports 1.7GB utilization, quota reports 5.2GB. I've been checking
:the entire drive for files that belong to this user, same result. I have
:turned off quota, rerun quotacheck. It reports inconsistencies, but minor,
:does not change the big picture that this user is over quota. Soft limits
:are set to 5GB, hard to 10GB for all users on this drive.
:
:Thank you for any hints.
:	Joerg
:--
:Joerg B. Micheel			Email: <joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
:WAND and NLANR MOAT			Email: <joerg@nlanr.net>

    Is it possible that the user is over his inode quota rather then his
    disk quota?

						-Matt