Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:54:44 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: syscons, pcvt_drv, and psm errors while building the kernel

>I just cvsupped the stable sources, made my world but while trying to
>build a new kernel, I get some errors.
>
>The corresponding entries in my kernel config file are:
>
>device          sc0     at isa? tty
>device          vt0     at isa? tty
>device          psm0    at isa? tty irq 12

You cannot have both sc0 and vt0 enabled at the same time.  One of
them must be disabled.

>The error messages when building the kernel are appended at the end of
>this email.
>
>I would appreciate any hints of what I am missing.
>
>	Roland
>
>syscons.o: In function `scvidprobe':
>syscons.o(.text+0x227): undefined reference to `vid_configure'
>syscons.o(.text+0x244): undefined reference to `vid_allocate'
>syscons.o(.text+0x25f): undefined reference to `vid_get_adapter'
[...]

You need to have the following devices.

controller	atkbdc0	at isa? port IO_KBD tty
device		atkbd at isa? tty irq 1

Please read /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC and LINT.  Also,

	http://www.freebsd.org/~yokota/sc_update.txt

will give you some information.

Kazu