Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:47:21 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "James Sholan" <j.sholan2@verizon.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: new to freeBSD

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Sholan" <j.sholan2@verizon.net>
Subject: new to freeBSD

> I looking to set up my on servers and I was told that freeBSD is
very easy
> to set up. I have lived in the windows life for along time I
looking for
> fast and beet thinks.
>
> I am have trouble picking my hardware for your OS system what is
the best
> and most EZ to set up with FreeBSD.
>
> Can you tell me witch what hardware you would you use
>
> James Sholan

You can, as someone once joked, almost run FBSD on a modified
four-slice toaster, with the right hardware.  It's not that
difficult; I serve
several sites with former Windoze boxes cast off by people who think
they need the 'latest' and 'greatest.'  If you want to actually use
your
server in more of a Windoze vein (e.g., you need a GUI), you might
want  something a bit newer, although there are some 'window
managers'
that don't need a hot machine.  If you go to the FBSD site, you'll
find
a list....get used to hearing 'the handbook is your friend.'

Here's a possble URI:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x2927.html

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey