Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:06:51 +0100
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: src/crypto/ vs. src/secure -> make buildworld fails

Hi Kris and Ruslan,
thanks for the explanation.

(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html)

Kris wrote:
> That list is out of date.

So I added the doc@freebsd.org in hope to reach the relevant people.
Should I file a PR in addition?

> The src-secure collection is the build
> framework for all of the cryptographic utilities in FreeBSD including
> openssl, openssh, and crypto support for other utilities like ppp and
> tcpdump.  It's paired with src-crypto; if you don't want any of it,
> either remove the secure/ and crypto/ directories, or set NOSECURE=foo
> in your /etc/make.conf.

Damn, I only grepped for DES in defaults/make.conf . My bad, next time I
will have a closer look.

BTW, if src-crypto and src-secure depend on each other and make
buildworld will fail, if one is missing, why are they two different
collections and not one single?

Ciao
Siegbert