Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:00:13 -0400
From:      "douglasv" <douglasv@verizon.net>
To:        <freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   apache-modssl

I thank you first for reading this

Apache-modssl works well on-itself
I'm using FreeBSD-4.2.6  apache-modssl, modphp, mysql. These  were installed
from the ports collection
and  all work like a charm (with phpMyAdmin)

My windows2000 computor gets served http request- but not https request
(page cannot be displayed message)

The ports install included a virtual host section in the httpd.conf

To which I added the followin lines to (to fill in the proverbial blanks to
get the server going-
    the heavy-lifting was down by the install program)
NameVirtualHost  192.168.123.8:443
<VirtualHost 192.168.123.8:443>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data" ( I also tried data-dist, is one a link?)
ServerName tim.sqlserver.local  (I also tried an IP address here)
etc ... lines from the install program

From phpMyAdmin faqs ; I included a line in httpd.conf SetEnvIf User-Agent
".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

The FreeBSD and win2000 computors hosts files have each others IP addresses
and names
On FreeBSD the nameserver is localhost

The custom certificate has the same common name as the webserver
The win2000 browser is there microsoft internert explorer ver.5.

I'm an intermediat beginner with FreeBSD migrating from win2000server
I haul produce from California to Florida where I live.
I searched faq's mailing lists can't find anything

Thank you,
Douglas