Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:05:15 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
Cc:        Yukihiro Nakai <nakai@internetsolutions.co.jp>, reg@shale.csir.co.za, asami@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNOME updates (was Re: ports/13994: update to ports/devel/ORBit)

Ade Lovett wrote:

> Can I humbly ask that no further updates be made to the ports that make
> up the GNOME metaport until 1.0.50 is released (almost certainly less than
> a few days since it's being tagged as 'September GNOME'), then we can combine
> our respective work into one mega-update.

Preferably one that can be installed. Hate to be a spoilsport but I
have tried and failed to install Gnome since 3.1 was the thing to install.
We're now at 3.3, but I'm still getting:

charpick.o(.text+0xa15): undefined reference to `property_show'
gmake[3]: *** [charpick_applet] Error 1

It's not that high a priority but since I spotted this thread I thought
to throw my 2c into the conundrum (hm, I thought it was a valid word, so
why can't I find it in the dictionaries?).

Roelof

PS also CVSupped ports, of course.

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.