Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 12:07:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disk Striping, Layout of file in memory filesystem...

I saw a reference by Jordan that someone is working on striping disk
drivers for FreeBSD, probably more than half a jear ago. Is this still
true? A concat address? Is there some dead project to inherit :-)

BTW, using a memory filesystem when swap space in seperated over
several disks/controller would mean something similar, wouldn't it?

When I write a file into a memfs that is based on multiple disks, can
I assume that each disk will hold an eqal-sized fraction of the file
at last?  And what is the unit of continous bytes on each disk?
Pages? Size of written block?

Sorry for asking, I think that is the way swapspace should be
allocated, but verifing what protion of a file ends up in what
swapspace partition on a running system isn't really easy...

Thanks for hints
	Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de>