Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:22:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Sold <cs@cheasy.de>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to delete backups N days old?

I do regular backups of a subtree into some tarballs on another
volume. The tarballs are named including the date
(e.g. bup-19991205.tar.bz2). Those files accumulate over a period of
several days, then get written out to tape. After that, I want to
delete backup tarballs older than, say, one week.

Looking for an option in find, I went up blank. (Yes, you may specify
files older than another given file, but that=B4s not what is needed
here. I want to create a script automating the process, leaving a
couple of newer tarballs online.)

Any ideas really appreciated
-Christoph Sold
---
P.S: Pls reply to the Reply-To address above (cs@cheasy.de), since the
account I am writing this on has only a fake MX.