Date:      Sun, 05 Jan 1997 16:46:26 +1100
From:      mbayles@h130.aone.net.au
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP Connection Questions

To whom ever,

I have finally got PPP to dial my ISP, modem connects, neg's an IP
address & then establishes a PPP connection. Then after a random amount
of time it hangs up. All I could figure out from the log is the message
"1 too many ECHO packets lost"

I have looked all through FAQ's etc and could not find any reference to
these "ECHO packets". No doubt it is some configuation problem I have,
but could some one please shed some light on these.

Kind Regards,

Mark "the freebsd novice" Bayles