Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:18:07 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
Cc:        freebsd@osterskov.dk, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with Compaq SMART-2SL array controller

Jonathan Lemon wrote:

> For now, you could remove the IDE devices from the config file,
> until this gets fixed.  Ideally, the boot blocks/loader should be
> taught to boot from something other than wd() or da().

Alas, the loader uses BIOS to read the disk. Anything the BIOS can
read, so can the loader. The way it _passes_ the information,
though, is limited by the kernel.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Thus, over the years my wife and I have physically diverged. While
I have zoomed toward a crusty middle-age, she has instead clung
doggedly to the sweet bloom of youth. Naturally I think this unfair.
Yet, if it was the other way around, I confess I wouldn't be happy
either."