Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:46:49 -0500
From:      tcobb@staff.circle.net
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com
Cc:        green@unixhelp.org, khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RE: Problems in VM structure ?

I've had it at MAXUSERS=256 on both the P5 and the P6.  The P5 stays
stable, the P6 doesn't.  If I reduce MAXUSERS to 128 then these
heavily loaded boxen will fall over due to out of MBUFs errors, or
so I believe.

I'd love to find some real kernel-tuning documentation out there,
one of my panics is a "pipeinit:  cannot allocate pipe -- out of kvm"
and I can't pull a crashdump due to a DSCHECK error because my
SWAP is > 2GB.

-Troy Cobb
 Circle Net, Inc.
 http://www.circle.net