Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:32:23 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUI app for wireless monitoring?

What is out there in a straightforward GUI application for
monitoring whatever Wi-Fi signals are out there? I've been
fine with wicontrol for configuring my home network, but now
I'd like to get something for looking around to see what might
be in the air wherever I happen to be.

I've glanced at the bsd-airtools package, but that seems
intended more for serious hacking than for finding networks to
use. I'm thinking of something more like the Windows app
Boingo (is that right?), which shows whatever wireless
networks are in range, along with their names, security
levels, etc.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower