Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 1995 12:59:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        iai6njm <iai6njm@mvs.oac.ucla.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Macintosh port

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, iai6njm wrote:

> Using both a Mac and a PC(by force...not will), I have grown quite weary
> of the MacOS...I love Linux on my PC, and have seen some mention
> somewhere of a FreeBSD port to the 68k macintosh...does this exit? Where
> can I get it?   Thanx.

FreeBSD does not have a Macintosh port (to my knowledge)... it is
primarily a 80x86-only thing, though there are some fledgling efforts to
port it to other architectures.

NetBSD, on the other hand, has been ported to many architectures,
including various workstations, 80x86 PC's, and yes, even the Macintosh.

For more info, consult  http://www.netbsd.org

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **