Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:30:28 -0700
From:      Eli@Tellan.com (Eli)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel questions

Greetings,

I am new to the unix world and I decided to give FreeBSD a try. Well, I
downloaded the boot image, and successfully booted from a floppy. I then
went through the installation menu, and I thought I installed correctly
from CD-ROM. (NOTE: The FreeBSD CD I have is not from Walnut Creek CD, but
from another distributer: Trans-Ameritech.) Now, when I boot without the
floppy, the boot manager kicks in and lets me select my Win95 or BSD. I
select BSD. Then the boot screen comes up (the one where it waits 5 seconds
and has the Boot prompt) and I let it wait 5 seconds. Then it comes back
saying "Cannot find /kernel". I know that BSD can't find the kernel in the
/kernel directory, but I don't know why? Did I do something wrong? Please
get back to me soon, as I am eager to get started. Thanks.

-Eli