Date:      Wed, 30 May 2012 08:33:35 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Options name, descriptions and consistency

--JwB53PgKC5A7+0Ej

Hi all,

On of the reasons of bsd.options.desc.mk is to be able to share common opti=
ons
and descriptions, to have better consistency between ports and to have gene=
ral
meaning descriptions that make more sense, has anyone can improve the
description of an option.

about consistency, I can already see that some options are set in double ju=
st
with different name, one of our goal now should be to avoid it is not neces=
sary
and have the option name that make more sense. If I have a look at it now, =
what
I can see is:=20
AAC_DESC?=3D	Enable support for aac/mp4
MP4_DESC?=3D	Enable support for mp4

Both added by me :)

In this particular case, I think only one is useful
same goes for;

ID3TAG_DESC?=3D	Support ID3 v1/v2 tags
ID3_DESC?=3D	Enable support for id3 tags

etc.

Please keep an eye on consistency when it make sense, possibly rename optio=
ns,
improve descriptions etc.

regards,
Bapt