Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2019 14:48:16 -0500
From:      "John W. O'Brien" <john@saltant.com>
To:        FreeBSD Python <freebsd-python@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Martin Jackson <mhjacks@swbell.net>
Subject:   Planning work on net-mgmt/py-snmp4{,-apps,-mibs}

--igymyGhc2M15xvTG6NAwHz7qoe7TPkJdM
From: "John W. O'Brien" <john@saltant.com>
To: FreeBSD Python <freebsd-python@freebsd.org>
Cc: Martin Jackson <mhjacks@swbell.net>

--TeCtluuOBOHD6SpLDxtySBxokfDsTOP7k

Hello FreeBSD Python,

I am unable to reach the maintainer of these ports by email because his
MX is 553ing me. While I wait for my unblock request to be processed by
his huge, faceless ISP, I wonder if I could get some feedback on the
following from the list?

I'm planning to contribute a short sequence of separable changes to the
PySNMP ports.

1.  Rename all three ports to match their upstream names per the Python
ports policy [0]. This will include adding entries to MOVED and chasing
the name change in any dependent ports. See bug #204567 [1], r401898 [2]
for when we did this with devel/py-pyasn1.

    =3D> Is bumping PORTREVISION really necessary for dependent ports in
addition to registering in MOVED?

2.  Upgrade net-mgmt/py-pysnmp to the latest version (4.4.8).

3.  Replace net-mgmt/py-pysnmp-apps with net-mgmt/py-snmpclitools 0.6.1
[3]. Register in MOVED.

I will go ahead and submit #1 in a day or so if I haven't heard back.

[0] https://wiki.freebsd.org/Python/PortsPolicy
[1] https://bugs.freebsd.org/204567
[2] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/401898
[3]
https://github.com/etingof/pysnmp-apps/blob/aa6c5ea999cbb2d6fd919ed8a87f4=
d09f703e7d3/README.md

Martin: Contact me off-list if you like with an alternate email address.

--=20
John W. O'Brien
OpenPGP keys:
    0x33C4D64B895DBF3B