Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:30:24 -0500
From:      "Scott T. Hildreth" <shild@sbcglobal.net>
To:        FreeBSD Gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Evolution 2.6.3 crashing

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 13:41 -0500, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 11:58 -0500, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
>
> > My evolution keeps crashing, I'm trying to capture the errors but i
> > don't really see any.
> > So I thought I would compile it with debugging turned on.   To do this I
> > just need,
> >
> > make -DWITH_DEBUG

   Well this isn't a valid KNOB ( that I can tell) for compiling
evolution.
   Can anybody point me in the right direction?  Evolution will be
working
   just fine, then all of sudden it locks up crashes.    It seems to be
when
   it is fetching mail, I think.   I've tried redirecting the stdout &
stderr into
   a file and the only thing I see that looks critical is this,

    GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

    I also started it with CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 and this didn't show
anything but
    normal operations, i.e. calling spamc ...etc.

    I keep recompiling evolution, but I think maybe I should run a

    potupgrade -frR mail/evolution

     Any ideas?

                                                Thanks.

--