Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 09:20:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD networking code guru needed?

As Nate Williams wrote:

> What *should* happen is the incomplete arp entry and route should be
> removed from the tables and replaced with the now valid proxy-arp entry.

I've been noticing this yesterday, too.  Garrett solved the problem
for the non proxy-arp case right before 2.1 (where a clone route has
been allocated through the default route, pointing to the ethernet
interface), but this one here is still broken.  Anyway, the location
where the clone routes are being killed might be a good spot to check
for the ARP stuff.

--
cheers, J"org