Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 16:13:17 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Critically short of space on wcarchive!

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD has overflowed its allotment of 640MB.
I am working to get us more space, but until then we have to make some
hard decisions:

1. Any and all 1.x stuff has to go someplace else.  Any archive sites willing
   to take the ports, packages and dists for 1.x over completely and totally?
   If so, simply signal your assent by letting us know if you need more time
   to copy the bits so that you're not left stranded when we finally blow the
   1.x stuff off of wcarchive.  You will also want to adjust your mirror
   scripts as well, naturally.. :-)  We will give 24 hours notice before
   finally removing the 1.x bits so that mirrors have a chance to update their
   mirror files if they wish to keep the 1.x stuff.

2. incoming needs a serious spring-cleaning.  I'm loath to delete stuff like
   Andrew and Postgres if it has no other home, and there's no ports collection
   to take its place, but it's HUGE!  I'd really much rather have both of these,
   and some of their similarly bloated cousins in incoming, to become real
   packages/ports and move to permanant homes rather than lurking forever
   in incoming.

Anything you can do to clean up on wcarchive is greatly appreciated.
Adding drives to the machine is not a trivial exercise, though we do
have it scheduled for later this month.

						Jordan