Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 06:22:40 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/48482: using deprecated sysctl option in FAQ

On 2003-02-21 22:26, Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > +	  <note>
> > +	      deprecated and silently ignored in &os; 4.4-RELEASE and all
> > +	      newer versions.  You can safely ommit it when setting options
> > +	  </note>
>
> This looks good here, but I want to ask a quick question on note.
> All the times I add a <note> tag, I follow it with the <para> tag,
> is this correct, incorrect, not matter?  I would really like to
> follow a `style' and just have not noticed a pattern as of yet.

I prefer writing them on separate lines, to let future versions of the
document minimise diffs.  Thus, when a new para is added, the diff
won't include stuff like:

	-	<note><para>old stuff
	+	<note><para>new stuff...
	+	  <para>old stuff...

but, something like:

		<note>
	+	  <para>new stuff...
		  <para>old stuff...

But, this is just my personal preference.  Not some truly important
style rule that I'd try hard to force upon others :)