Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:40:57 -0600
From:      "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        "Alex Zbyslaw" <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading x.org to 7.2 (to make other ports happy)

> Please read the instructions more carefully.  You are supposed to run a
> program called "script" with the parameter "xorg-upgrade".  script is a
> program which will create a file called xorg-upgrade.  All the commands
> you subsequently  type and all the output you get will be logged in the
> file xorg-upgrade, so that if something goes wrong you have a log of the
> errors to refer to, cut-and-pate from etc.

I just read my reply to this from the weekend.  Wow, it sounds like
I'm a complete idiot.  Ok, what I meant to say (had other things on my
mind this weekend) was that being unfamiliar with 'script' I thought
it was some sort of interpreter through which I had to run this
"xorg-upgrade" script mentioned in the UPDATING file.  As you can see,
my lack of understanding for script lead to a bad assumption.

Thanks again for setting me straight.  Just for the record, once my
understanding was set right, the upgrade went flawlessly.  Great
instructions!

Andy