Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 00:53:45 -0800
From:      Chad Shackley <zoogy@cris.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Users

Well, I managed to make it through the installation via ftp.  Picking up =
a ne2000 compatible network card fixed the problem.  Now I just have to =
tell it it's on irq 10 when it boots up.

Now my problem:  I went through, installed, and everything seemed fine, =
so I rebooted.  It came back up with a login prompt.  The instructions =
didn't say anything about this :(  Now I stick the boot floppy back in =
to enter the setup, and I see an option for the master password.  Well, =
the docs didn't remind me of this in the first place, so I guess I =
missed it.  If I try to change (or set) the master password, it doesn't =
let me do it.  It flashes to a blue screen and immediately back to the =
post-configuration options screen.

Well, as far as I know, I have no master password, and no users to login =
with.  How do I fix this without re-installing?

Thanks.

Chad